Monday, July 2, 2007

How it is.

Recently I was lying with Peanut Butter asleep on my belly. His warm baby breath was hitting my face with repeated warm blasts, punctuated by sounds of his occasional sucking of his pacifier. I love that he continues to suck long after his pacifier has fallen. He smelled like summer and the bananas he chowed down with greedy little fists at dinner. He was, as usual, all sweaty, but my desire to feel his skin overruled my natural desire to avoid the sweat. At times my face was so close to his, electricity could have jumped the gap. I crave that smell and to feel him so close. I can't hold him tight enough. I never tire of this little being. He now gives high fives and laughs at appropriate times. He makes faces to get a reaction, and doesn't know the concept of volume control. He has started running and no one knows when he is going to slow down. He loves playing in water or dirt, or paint, or laundry. We are the luckiest humans in the world to have this little person so full of life and joy to enjoy every day. There is nothing better than the squeal I hear when I get the daycare each day. That is the best. The absolute best there is in this life.

1 comment:

Teaworthy said...

I'm so excited to have a place to visit your family online!